Monday, January 17, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Our Ragdoll, Sniffles, wishing all my friends a wonderful Christmas season and New Year ahead!

Last year ended with a great need to have more storage space in my home office and jewelry studio.  After our vacation in Australia, my husband and I decided to shop for furniture.  Since my home office bookshelves are all teakwood, we decided to look for store we got our shelves from but alas, they no longer exist.  A visit to various teak furniture shops drew a blank as they were either too rustic, exotic or workmanship poor (including well known stores). 

We finally found a place that sold what we are happy with.  The past two weeks have been spent clearing out stuff, cleaning and packing up.  It has taken most of my waking hours and I'm still nowhere near the end.  The new furniture will be coming tomorrow and hopefully I can pack things up by the end of the week.

This project has been more major than I imagined.  After Chinese New Year we plan to change all our ceiling fans so another mess will be in store... Anyways, I've been thinking, planning and designing (on paper) the new jewelry I want to make this year and am looking forward to next week when I can (hopefully) begin my work once again.  I know many of you are hoping to visit my studio.  Thank you for being SO patient!

Today I'm posting a couple of photos of the socks I knitted a while back.  I've been knitting all kinds of socks for the past few years.  They make great gifts to friends overseas.


Aren't the colours gorgeous?

I got the sock yarn from the USA.  Bought a whole boxful a couple of years back.  Hoping to resume some knitting this year.

Wanted to show you our other Ragdoll, Lion-O, who loves to sit with Ethan when I'm not available.  Here you can see Lion-O taking over the chair!  In fact, I sometimes wonder if he thinks he's a dog!

Lion-O loves to sleep with support.  He usually stays close by me when I'm working and he knows not to disturb me.  Our friend Felix will be happy to see grandma and grandson thriving in our household.  Thanks for the cats, Felix!  We absolutely love them to bits!!

Until I blog again, do check back ever so often to see what's been happening.  You are most welcome to send in your orders anytime.  Visits to my studio will resume after Chinese New Year since we will be away for a few days.  Have a great week ahead!



0 comments: