Monday, March 28, 2011

New Piece

 These past two weeks have been a little hectic, preparing for a friend's wedding and completing some custom orders.  However, I managed to start and complete a "bigger" neckpiece.  She will be one of my show pieces later in the year.  I've still yet to name her but I can't wait to show her off to you!  She is definitely an OOAK (one-of-a-kind) piece.  It took me about 60 hours to complete her.





This is a gorgeous choker style neckpiece that will go very well with a simple dress.  The oval cabachons are chrysanthemum stones, light mahagony in colour with flowered inclusions.  The rest of the stones are fancy jasper in greens,browns and pinks. The piece is covered painstakingly with thousands of Japanese glass seed beads in two sizes and held together by Swarovski crystal pearls. 

The brass coloured S-hook clasps (yes, there are two!) flank the sides of an embroidered oval chrysanthemum stone cabachon with a fringe to give it a
perfect finish.

Now I'm off to work on another neckpiece, perhaps even bigger!

 

0 comments: