Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chinese New Year is in the air!

This week, in the midst of working on a large sized necklace, I spent a day baking pineapple tarts for my friends to sample.  It was quite therapeutic for me to grate the fresh pineapples, cook them into jam, make the pastry dough and finally fashion them into little hearts.


My unique little heart-shaped pineapple tart.


Here's 28 pineapple tarts packed in a plastic tub complete with Chinese New Year ribbons filled with auspicious greetings


  A friend asked me to make up some gift packs of 4 pineapple tarts for her clients.  I used these small plastic containers so the tarts wouldn't get crushed.

The rest of this week will be spent on baking more cookies for friends and relatives as we prepare to celebrate Chinese New Year on 14th February (celebrations go on for 15 days).  I will continue working on my necklace as well as prepare my jewelry room for visitors during the first week of February.  Also look out for my new blog design coming soon!  In the meantime, have a great week ahead.

Photography by Rebecca Yam





0 comments: