Tuesday, June 1, 2010

School Holidays

It has been a real treat for me to spend some time with Alethea the past week, going shopping and doing "girl" things with her.  With a school schedule of 8am to 8pm (that doesn't include travel time) it has been challenging to find time to chill and talk.  I only have her for two weeks before she's back to School of the Arts for her dance camp the last two weeks of the school vacation.

A couple of months ago, we had a new neighbour who moved in to the ground floor apartment at the bottom of our block.  It seems they are real gardeners and before long the front of their apartment was filled with plants, fishes, and birds!  For the plants, I've seen melons, beans, pineapples, cherry tomatoes, ladies' fingers, sunflowers, AND corn!  What makes it more amazing is that all the plants are in pots!!  I managed to take a few pictures:

The ladies' fingers grew to almost 10 inches!  Quite pretty with the yellow flowers.

Here are the cherry tomatoes.  Since I took this photo, the tomatoes have ripened.

Sweet corn!

I'm inspired to plant my own vegetables but unfortunately I live on the 3rd floor with partial morning sun. 

Anyways, I'm still working hard on my bead embroidery neckpieces.  Will take photos in the next few days.  I wore ALAMEA to a dinner party at the weekend and garnered very good feedback from many friends. Thanks for your support!  Till I post again, have a great week ahead, everyone!

0 comments: