Monday, July 12, 2010

A New Week!

The past two weeks have been crazy in terms of schedules so it was with great anticipation and pleasure that I sat down at my studio table and started to WORK!  I have so many back orders piling up, I'm getting a bit anxious but with today's longer working hours I hope to complete at least 3 orders.

Last week, one of my customers asked me to change a clasp for her because it had "turned bad."  She had her pearl necklace re-strung by another jeweler a while back which cost her quite a bit.  I looked at it, smiled and without uttering a word I proceeded to show her my miracle!


Here's what she brought in. 


My little miracle after a 15-second polish! Yes, I'm afraid it's just a simple oxidation process that occurs when 925 silver is left outside.  That's why it's important to keep your silver jewelry in zip lock bags after making sure they are clean and free from moisture (aka perspiration).  My customer has ordered a "miracle" cloth to polish her jewelry.  If you need one, drop me a line!

Now I'm off to do more work.  Have a great week, everyone!



0 comments: