Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pearls Galore!

About three months ago, I ordered a big box of supplies from the USA but till today I have yet to see it.  Two weeks ago I ordered another big box of supplies (this time registered and insured) and am praying it will arrive soon.  I was working on a large project that was due in July but it's been stalled since the disappearance of Box 1.  So while waiting for Box 2 to arrive I've got to keep moving...

This past week I've been working on pearls, pearls, pearls!  Multistrand freshwater pearl necklaces to be exact. 

Here's one of the necklaces I made.  I find that 5-strands of  freshwater pearls in differents sizes and shapes work pretty well, giving the full look without being too heavy (or expensive!).  This necklace has a cream and peach tone (other tones include green, pink, copper, lilac and peach).  I added Swarovski crystals which catches the light at certain angles making it suitable for day and evening wear.  I've made my necklaces from 16 inches to 23 inches to suit different people's needs.

One of my customers brought in her 3-strand freshwater pearl necklace to be re-strung because it was too long for her.  I shortened it to the length of her desire and added seashells and coral beads for her which resulted in some extra freshwater pearls so I made the necklace below for her with coral and garnet beads.



This custom order is a Swarovski pearl lariat necklace with apply green round crystals.  The length of the necklace can be adjusted with this 925 silver magnet clasp with Swarovski crystals. 

Right now I'm now working on Russian leaf ear-rings in assorted colours.  I'll post photos as soon as I'm done.  See you next week! 


0 comments: