Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back to Work!

Thank you my dear friends for your support of my baking during Christmas and Chinese New Year.  I really enjoyed baking for you!  I am now back in my studio working hard for several events coming up.  Here's a little teaser for you...

I absolutely love these crackled crystals gemstones in such light spring colours
I decided to make something with it.

So I got together size 11 Japanese seed beads in silver and white.

I then made a netted base for the necklace.  Actually as you can see, the base can be the necklace, it's already so elegant and lacy looking!

Anyway, I started adding the crackled crystal gem chips and here's a sampling of what one part looks like.  You'll have to come back to visit in a few days' time to catch the completed piece!

During the Chinese New Year holidays I managed to complete a few necklaces.  Here they are:

This is a freshwater pearl necklace with magatama glass beads (which look like drops) and Japanese glass seed beads.

This necklace is made up of Swarovski pearls in three different sizes and Japanese glass seed beads. 

Here's my favourite for this week!  A bold necklace using a variety of gemstones, organic beads and Swarovski pearls.  Rather dense and will be a stunner with that plain evening dress.

Until I post again, have a great rest-of-the-week and remember to exercise to stay fit!

0 comments: