Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shopping day for the gals

I went shopping yesterday with my friend, Melissa Chor, an image consultant who runs her own business called Image Harmony.  Check out her website at http://www.image-harmony.com/ and blog at http://www.melissastyleguide.blogspot.com/.  We had lots of fun trying on clothes and looking for treasures in all the unexpected places.

One treasure I found was this ethnic necklace from India.  I love the shape, design and colours.  However, it was not in very good condition with the some metal parts rusted, fallen off and gemstones chipping.


Here's the original.  Can you see the rusted parts?  Notice too that one link is completely gone!



Here's what it looks after I changed the links and gemstones.



This is the original necklace part.  The metal spacer beads are not very nice and some of the gemstones disintegrated when I looked at them more closely! I also changed the gemstones to get a brighter look.



My completed refurbished necklace!  Looking forward to wearing it but now I've to go shopping and find a blouse to go with it! 

If you go travelling this holiday season and find a jewelry piece you really like but want to change something, I'd be happy to take a look and see what can be done.

Photos by Rebecca Yam


0 comments: