Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More Ear-rings

Thank you so much for your feedback on the Bohemian style ear-rings!  As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm into turquoise colours right now.  I will post all the ear-rings I made the last two weeks in the Ear-Rings page of this blog later in the week for sale but in the meantime, here are the photos:

This pair of turquoise ear-rings are made from two different sized Japanese cube beads, 15.0 Japanese glass seed beads and howlite dyed tear drop beads.  The technique used here is the St Petersburg chain.

Quite a nice pair of dainty ear-rings using 11.0 Japanese glass seed beads and magatama (drop)beads with Swarovski pearls.

As you can see, I used the same howlite dyed beads for the centre of the next two pairs of ear-rings and the one in the previous post, but played around with different colours and came up with totally different effects.  This one is predominantly lime green and yellow.

This one uses mostly corals with some bronze.  As with all my bead embroidery pieces, I backed the ear-rings with camel coloured ultrasuede.  All the ear hooks are 14k gold-filled.

I'll probably be making a few more pairs of ear-rings this week since my stash is getting lower.  The bead embroidery ear-rings can be made in any colour, with almost any focal beads and in any shape.  I'll try to use different beads when I'm done with my turquoise colours! 

My daughter, Alethea, requested for a black and red one so I'll make a pair for her this week too.  The bead embroidery ear-rings are available for custom order.  Check back at the end of the week for more photos!


0 comments: