Saturday, May 1, 2010

BIANCA completed!

It was a good day for me yesterday, going down to get more supplies, grocery shopping with the husband and then home to complete BIANCA.  All in all I spent about 15 hours to complete her and am very happy with the result.

Here's BIANCA, all embroidered up and ready for the finish.

All done!  I absolutely love the feel of BIANCA in my hands.  Solid and substantial, but not too heavy.  She is 7.5 inches long and about 2 inches in width, the standard for a bracelet cuff.

Here's the back of BIANCA.  I glued the stiffener to the ultrasuede and sewed an overlay to secure both sides.

Close up front view.


Close up back view with the German-made antique gold clasp.

Materials used are freshwater pearls, Japanese glass seed beads sizes 15.0, 11.0, 8.0 and magatamas.

As with all beaded embroidered necklaces and bracelet cuffs, each piece is unique and one-of-a-kind.  There is no one else wearing the same piece.  If you are interested in owning one (or more) of these heirloom pieces, do drop me a line.   At this point in time, I will not be taking custom orders for these pieces.
Photos by Rebecca Yam

0 comments: