Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Third Beaded Embroidery Neckpiece

I went supplies shopping yesterday and bought a few howlite beads dyed to look like turquoise gemstones.  After much deliberation, I decided to make a bracelet cuff.  However, in the midst of beading, Lady Inspiration strongly suggested I do a neckpiece or collar instead!  This piece consists of 5 separate pieces which will be put together at the very end.  I've yet to name her.

Here's a tiny teardrop howlite bead I glued on my stiffener fabric.


Here's the same teardrop after I beaded around it.  I used the bezelling method to capture the teardrop so there's no way it will drop off.  It's securely sewn to the stiffener fabric.

I decided to use this spray painted faceted shell bead (isn't it a gorgeous colour?) as my contrast colour. 
All done with the bezelling and bead embroidery.

Here I've completed the edging after glueing it to my camel coloured ultrasuede fabric.

This is the beautiful centrepiece of the necklace! 

Check back at the end of the week to see the completed neckpiece.

0 comments: