Monday, April 26, 2010

Progress report on Beadwork Embroidery Collar

After another hectic weekend, I managed to sit down yesterday afternoon and the whole of today to work on my beadwork embroidery collar.  The ultrasuede backing I ordered from the US came on Saturday night by UPS so I'm really excited about completing the necklace, hopefully by tomorrow.  Here's a photo of my embroidery after about 50 hours of work.

The brown fabric on which the collar is on is the ultrasuede I will use to back the necklace.  I couldn't find a large enough piece sold in Singapore (they all come in 6x8 inches only!) so I had to order from the US which cost about S$100 for one yard!!  It is akin to suede leather but much softer.

With my new project assignment, I will be making quite a few beadwork embroidery collars and cuffs the next few months.  It will be interesting to see how this works out.  Come back for visits to catch my projects in progress!


0 comments: