Thursday, April 29, 2010

Step-by-Step for BIANCA

I was planning to go shopping for supplies for my embroidery collars but decided to settle down and work on my new bracelet.  I am naming her BIANCA because she is fair and white.  A hint of pale peach, beige and yellow complete her colour scheme.  The photography isn't great because it's raining once again and my lighting is all messed up!  But I am sure you get the idea what I've been doing.

I started off by making 3 flowers, one large and two medium.  Then I drew the outline of the bracelet on extra hard stiffener (the ones they use to make men's shirt collars).

I centred the large flower and just went from there, not knowing what I would be doing.  I had all my beads placed in front of me and just let my fingers do the walking!

Here's half of the bracelet completed.  I used Swarovski pearls, freshwater pearls, aluminium beads, and different kinds of Japanese glass seed beads (some gold plated, silver lined, opaque, transparent etc).  I kept the bigger and more protruding beads on top so that it won't hinder the wearer.   Now to work on the second half of the piece.


0 comments: