Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jocelyn "playful"

Something about me that many of you may not be aware is that I work very well when there are plenty of  dark clouds, rain and a cool breeze blowing.  Yes, I know I'm a bit strange (my psychologist friends tell me that too!).  In fact, my most productive days are when the sun doesn't shine so much and everything gray and dreary.  Since it's been raining a little the last couple of days Jocelyn was completed within one and a half days.

I wanted something simple, colourful and playful.


I glued on a white piece of silky damask onto the stiffening fabric.  Here's Jocelyn half completed.  Each Japanese glass seed bead is painstakingly sewn onto the cloth (I usually use about 3-4 needles for one bracelet because the stiffening can be really stiff and the thin needles keep bending!).


The completed bracelet but not finished yet.

Here's the finished piece.  I love the ladybugs and bumble bee, don't you?






This is what the sunrise looked like this morning!  At 6.45am it was simply beautiful.  I think today will be a good day for another bracelet... I wonder what colour I will pick...?

2 comments:

Shionge said...

Very very artistic and creative I must say, very elegant too :D

I exercise better on a 'sunny' day and yes, more creative on a gloomy day too :) Having said that, cloudy & gloomy day me wanna snoozeeeeeeeee... heheheh...

Anonymous said...

Oh it's beautiful!! :)