Thursday, August 5, 2010

OOAK (One-of-a-kind) Bracelets

This will be my last post for this week since I'll be leaving for Malaysia tomorrow morning and back on Sunday night.  I'm completing these bracelets at a much faster pace than I had anticipated.  Lady Inspiration has been a good visitor!

ZIARA "sunrise"
This was the centrepiece I made a few months back while waiting for my aluminium bracelet cuffs from the US to be delivered.  I used lots and lots of Swarovki crystals to make this sunflower.

Next I sewed a base strip of size 11.0 Japanese glass seed beads to the length of the aluminium cuff.  I used the Ndebele technique.

I covered the aluminium cuff with ultrasuede like so.

Viola!  Here's the completed cuff.  Isn't Zaira lovely?

This is the inside and back view of Zaira.

JULIA "youthful"
The second cuff doesn't use an aluminium base.  I used a pastel pink sunstone (it shimmers in the light so really pretty for day or evening wear) with agate flowers, freshwater pearls and hundreds of Japanese glass seed beads.  I'm really happy with the design.  Notice how the purple beads bring out the freshness or the pink beads.  I sewed the all the beads onto a stiff fabric and then glued the ultrasuede on.

Here's the completed cuff all nicely edged with tiny Japanese glass seed beads and a German-made antique gold clasp.

Lovely and youthful looking, eh?

Here's the back view of JULIA.

BIANCA "white"
This was my first bracelet cuff in the series of my new project.  You can read about it on my May 1st post.


Now I'm off to start on my next bracelet cuff... colour?  I don't know yet...  You'll have to check back next week! So until I see next week, have a great long weekend and a Happy National Day to all Singaporeans!


0 comments: