Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adeline "noble"

I've been FIB (flat in bed) a lot this week due to a bad cough and cold.  But in between I tried to do some work here and there.  Today I'm feeling SO much better and managed to complete a bracelet cuff I started late last night.  Hurray!


Adeline was made using silver lined bugle glass beads and gold Japanese glass seed beads to form a base.  I covered a 1-inch aluminium bracelet cuff with ultrasuede and sewed the bugle bead base on after which I sewed a picot edge on the sides of bracelet.  I then sewed on Swarovski pearls in various sizes and colours (creamrose and peach), Swarovski crystals and rounds using 11.0 and 15.0 Japanese glass seed beads through the middle of the base.



The result is a really elegant, refined looking bracelet cuff fit for a princess!  I decided to make it with silver and gold so anyone can wear this.  And since it's a 6-inch cuff, it fits all sizes.  I love this so much I'm making another one in bronze!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah!! This is GORGEOUS!! :)

Rebecca Yam said...

Thanks, Dotz!

Shionge said...

Hope you are feeling better Rebecca, I lost my voice for two weeks and now my daughters are sick too *Sob*